Planning a summer shin-dig? Before you take out a second mortgage on your home, consider these money saving, stress reducing tips from the pros at Organizers Northwest.
- When deciding whether to serve dinner, keep in mind that cocktail parties are always a lot of fun, take the stress out of preparing a big meal, and cost significantly less. If you do decide to serve food, consider a theme-based party like a Mexican Fiesta or Cajun Jambalaya where you can prepare food ahead of time and free yourself up to actually enjoy your own party – rather than spending it in the kitchen.
- Though printed invites are great, there are some great sites that allow you to send electronic invites that are both beautiful and organized; most let you to keep track of RSVP’s and will even allow guests to add your party to their virtual calendar. Try Evite or Anyvite. Both are free services. You can also create an event through Facebook.
- Rather than hiring a bartender, consider letting your guests be their own mixologists. Print out some drink instructions and let them have fun coming up with their own concoctions.
- Don’t worry about having seating for every single guest – having fewer chairs than people encourages mingling!
- When planning for music, consider paying Pandora’s $3.99 a month fee for ad-free listening. This eliminates the need for a DJ or for you to organize a playlist, and will keep you and your guests surprised! Invite guests to create their own Pandora channels and switch things up whenever the music starts to become repetitive.
Remember, parties are supposed to be fun! By allowing your guests to participate in the event, you will free yourself up to join in and make your memories based on the party itself – rather than the party planning.