For most of us, jewelry is a fun, easy way to express personal style. But when we begin to obtain a large collection of it, jewelry can be difficult to keep organized and maintained. We suggest the following sure-fire ways of Here are some organizing solutions for displaying and storing your jewelry.
- Make use of command hooks, which can easily be attached to the inside panel of any cupboard or closet door to display and store necklaces. No more than three necklaces per hook (unless you want to spend an hour detangling!).
- Storables and the Container Store make very handy hanging jewelry holders, each with a large number of tiny pockets for longer-term jewelry organization. Note: be sure to group like items together in the same column or row to make them easier to find.
- Try to choose your favorite jewelry pieces to have displayed on a dresser, and use a small dish or tray to hold them (we love vintage Victorian dishes for this!) Think about which pieces you’re actually wearing. If you haven’t worn it in the last month, transfer it to a longer term jewelry storage area.
- When traveling with jewelry, use a plastic straw to hold small necklaces and keep them from getting tangled. Choose smaller, lighter pieces to travel with. Keep a couple of small jewelry bags in your suitcase to facilitate quick and easy jewelry packing.
- Consider taking an inventory of your jewelry, writing down the value of each piece next to its description. Keep a list in your jewelry box or hanging jewelry organizer, and file a master list with your important documents in case anything is stolen or lost.
Leave a Reply